UFC star Conor McGregor is leaving the sport. Sunday morning – shortly after the end of UFC 250 – McGregor twittered to himself as he kissed his mother in Las Vegas after one of his World Cup victories and said he had decided to give up the fight.
A few hours later, McGregor told ESPN that he was no longer interested in the game.
Guys, I’ve decided to withdraw from the fight.
Thank you all for your beautiful memories! What a journey!
Here is a picture of my mother and me in Las Vegas, with one of my World Cup victories!
Pick your dream house, Mags, I love you!
All you want is your ❤️ pic.twitter.com/Dh4ijsZacZ
– Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) 7. June 2020.
All that waiting. There’s nothing the matter. I’m looking at the enemy’s options, and so far there’s nothing. There’s nothing to worry about, McGregor said, adding that the UFC has to let the ball roll.
McGregor asked why they had pushed Habib Nurmagomedov/Yustin Getzhe to fight in September and then shared his opinion that the fight would not happen because something else would happen and they would postpone it again.
I have developed a plan and a method that represent the right step and the right method. And they always want to push it, not do it or just drag it. No matter what I say, they want to fight him to show their strength. They should have fought once – me and Justin for the provisional title – and kept fighting, McGregor said.
The 31-year-old also said he wrote a retirement plan two weeks ago because he was fed up with the sport. He says he’s bored with the game, and he can honestly say that after watching the Tyrone Woodley/Gilbert Burns fight.
McGregor is not sure that the lack of crowds in the UFC fight as a result of the COWID 19 pandemic will affect his well-being, but for now there is simply no noise for the fighter.
But his career at the UFC may not be over yet. The former featherweight and lightweight champion had previously announced her retirement on Twitter, but she wasn’t stuck. Conor McGregor resigned in March 2016 when he refused to attend a press conference about his revenge with Nate Diaz.
I spoke with Conor McGregor last night after his Twitter feed was heard all over the world.
I just don’t like the game, that’s all, he said in an exclusive interview.
For more information go to https://t.co/uB0zjowx6N.
– Ariel Helvani (@arielhelwani) 7. June 2020.
He eventually defeated Diaz in August 2016, but McGregor resigned in April 2019 while in the middle of negotiations with the UFC. But in January 2020 he came back to fight Donald Serrone and beat him in just 40 seconds. Before the battle, McGregor had said he would fight three times in 2020, but the coronavirus changed his plans.
I had goals, plans, a season. I’ve explained everything, McGregor. It’s clear the whole world has gone crazy now. It’s all happening right now. They want to throw me up and down and offer me stupid fights. I don’t care about… I’m done with it.
Contribution of CelebrityInsider.org – reviews :